I spoke to Hallie's surgeon today and got the results of all of her tests yesterday-- can I tell you how much I like her surgeon? He is incredible and understands her and me better than almost any other doctor! Anyways, she does not have an obstruction. There is a section of her colon that is inefficient, which is not uncommon for kids with an atresia (her initial diagnosis). They think her intestines stopped working due to all of the narcotics she was taking to control her pain. They are working fine now. However, Hallie is not eating or drinking enough because it hurts her. So we are doing a calorie count today and if she doesn't take in enough, we are going to place a feedig tube to take her home with. Hopefully that would be temporary-- about a month-- until her body is recovered from surgery. We shall see what the next few days bring!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Necia, My prayers and thoughts are with you guys. I hate that you are all going through this stuff, again. Poor little Hallie. She must be one tough kid. I'm glad you're posting all the info so I know how you guys are doing with Hallie. Hang in there!
Oh my goodness!!!!
Necia,
I was hoping that your email was still working. Tiffany asked me for my email to give to you but I totally forgot. Tucker is so stink n' cute and I can't believe how big Hallie Bug is. Yes, we have a cute little peanut Olivia. She was born 3/20. 6lbs 7 oz. 19 inches long. She was here in a matter of 45 min. She is healthy and adorable.
Are you guys still in Reno?
Levi is getting so big. I can't believe that I have 2 kids now.
my blog addy is shaneandrahndi.blogspot.com
love ya
Ron-D Cheney
Necia...bless her sweet little heart! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment