Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 9th anniversary. With how chaotic our lives have been, it has been so nice to make time for Derrick and I. I picked him up from work and took him to lunch, along with Hallie, Tucker, and Danyelle, a family friend-- very romantic, I know! Our kids crave family time every bit as much as we do. Derrick showed up after work with roses for me, then we headed out to dinner at one of my favorite places Genghis Grill. As romantic as it is, we went shopping for a little while after. It is so rare that we get to walk into a store without at least one child. It was very nice to just spend time together. Thanks Shan for watching the kids!

Who ever would have guessed when we got married what we would go through and where our lives would take us in the next 9 years. I never imagined such heartache and suffering, but also so much joy and happiness. We have been incredibly blessed and I can't wait to see where the next 9 years take us! I love you Derrick!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy belated anniversary Necia and Derrick! So glad to see a happy post. Not that I don't want to read the others, I am just glad you have a little peace in your world to concentrate on simple things like an anniversary. Give love and kisses to "my kids" from across state lines. We'll be at Cafe Rio again before you know it!!
Love and miss ya
Tif

Alicia said...

Wahoo for 9 years! Happy Anniversary. Isn't it weird that we are getting so old???? Seems like just yesterday we were playing volleyball in your backyard with the gang and cruising around in our twin dodge shadows. And lets not forget "clintecia" =). Just a few memories to make you chuckle. So happy you have an amazing guy Necia. And now its time for lots of happy times, no more sickness and heartache!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you both! NINE YEARS... when did we get so old and mature!?! Hope the next nine are even better than the first!

CUTRER said...

Happy belated Anniversary to you both. I am glad you where able to get some alone time together. Its very needed. even if its the two of you running around shopping. Cute family and we really need to all get the Cutrer's together this summer for a BBQ an maybe have aunt Jante show off her remodle...