Sunday, April 19, 2009

Once again, we are home!

I'm starting to feel like a broken record! But Hallie and I made it back home last night. She is still pretty sick, as is Tucker, but to have us all under the same roof is so incredibly nice! The nurse came in with her lab results yesterday afternoon and told us to pack our bags. I celebrated and Hallie broke out in sobs. She wanted to go home "tomorrow". She has told me every day we were there that she wanted to go home tomorrow. She didn't want us to unhook her feeding tube. She didn't want her iv out. She didn't like me packing our bags. But let me tell you, when she looked out the window and saw her daddy and Carson and Tucker, she was thrilled! She even did a happy dance! She saw Carson carrying her Nike clothes she got from Granny Annie and Grammy and about jumped out of my arms-- "My Nike clothes! They brought my Nike clothes because I am a Nike girl!" Then she wanted to water squirt them from the window. We are on the 4th floor and she wants a water gun to squirt her daddy and Carson with.

We are thrilled to be home. We won't be going many places for the next few weeks while she gets her strength back so that she can fight off illnesses better,but just being able to be home is an incredible blessing and we are just going to enjoy it!

0 comments: