We had a great day today. Tucker was blessed and we had a ton of family come to spend this special day with us. Derrick's Mom, Dad, sister Cori, and brother Dustin came from Kentucky. My Mom, Dad, sister Cassity, brother Cody, sister-in-law Heather, brother Jeff, Grandma, and Grandpa all came from Salt Lake. And Derrick's aunt came from Winemucca. Talk about a crowd!
We have been enjoying all of our family. This is what my kids miss most about living in Utah, all of the family. I've had an emotional weekend, as this is very different than what we have had with the other 2 kids on their blessing weekends. Of course, Hallie is just different all together, but that's another story. It's been hard for me to think that I wouldn't have at least all of my immediate family with me, especially when we are used to my aunts, uncles, cousins, my mom's cousins, etc. with us.
The plan was for my sister and brother Cody to come. Well, yesterday while I was cleaning my house, the doorbell rang. Derrick told me it was for me. I thought it was kind of strange, since we were upstairs and he was no where near a window to see who it was. I went and opened the door and there was my older brother Jeff standing there. I guess he and his family had planned on driving out and something came up that he had to be back tonight. So my sister-in-law Trisha booked him a flight and he came out by himself and surprised me. It meant so much to me to have 2 of my brothers here. They have been involved in every major event in my kids' lives and it didn't seem right to not have them here. One of the hardest adjustments I have had since moving here is that my relationships with my brothers have really suffered. It meant the world to me that they made the effort to come out and be with us. Then, my brother Dustin called tonight and we talked for awhile. All in all, it was a very good day.




2 comments:
Looks like a very fun weekend. I know how hard it is to be away from family. Even though I'm still in Utah, my mom and all my siblings have moved away. It's hard not to have them close by for big and little things. I'm glad that so many people were able to make it.
Cute pictures Necia - your little family is so darling. I am happy that so many of your family were able to be there for the blessing. I hear ya about missing family. My boys miss their cousins/grandparents/aunts/etc so much. Also - I love your hair!
Post a Comment