I can't believe Carson is 6 today! In some ways, it feels like yesterday that he was born. I think part of that is that Tucker looks so much like him that I am feeling deja vu a lot! Carson has grown up so much in the last year. A year ago, we were packing up and moving out here. Now he is a big first grader! He is reading so well now. He and I read Magic Treehouse books every afternoon and I love the one on one time with him! This morning, as he was opening up presents, he was reading all the words printed on the different shirts we got him. He loved the football one so much that he he wore it to school today, even though it was 85 degrees and the shirt is long sleeved!
I got to take treats into his class this afternoon. He was so excited to see me and the kids! He gave me a huge hug and helped Hallie sit at his desk. He loved showing Tucker off to all of his friends! He got to pass out the doughnuts to all of his classmates and he did it all with a HUGE smile!
Tonight I made his favorite dinner-- manicotti. We will have cake and ice cream in a little while. We won't be doing his birthday party for about 2 weeks. We have a bunch of family coming into town for Tucker's blessing the end of the month, so we decided to wait until then to do his party.
All in all, I think he has had a pretty good day. I am so proud of him and all of his accomplishments and I can't wait to see wait the next year brings for him!
I love you Carson!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Happy Birthday Carson!!!
Posted by Necia at 4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Happy Birthday Carson! I can't believe he is six. I remember when he was born. Has it been that long ago. Wow!!!
Necia. This is Jaime Woodmansee. Your children are so beautiful and you seem to be doing well. I am so happy for you. You are such a beautiful person. I'll check in again soon. I'm a bit of a blog stalker anyhow! Happy birthday (a few months ago) to Carson.
Post a Comment