Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update

Thank you all for your thoughts, concern, love, and most importantly your prayers. We are feeling everyone of them, sustaining us through this hard time. Hallie is recovering well from her surgery. Her epidural is doing really well controlling her pain. She even got up and walked about 400 feet last night! The doctors are very pleased with how well she is doing in that regard. Last night, Hallie's cough continued to get worse and she had a high fever they couldn't break. They decided to run some tests to determine exactly what she is dealing with and she has a form of the flu. She continues to need oxygen, especially as she is sleeping. They are giving her anti-nausea medicine and zantac to keep things down. She is one sick little girl right now. They were hoping to not have to give her TPN (nutrition through her veins), but she is very weak and shaky, so they are probably going to start that today in hopes of giving her a little more strength to fight this off. They are watching her carefully for signs of pneumonia and continue to do what little they can in order to keep her fever down. She can't take anything by mouth and she can't have ibuprofen this close to surgery, so the only thing they can give her is Tylenol suppositories. Even through it all, when she does open her little eyes for us, she gives us these little half smiles and tells us that she loves us. What a sweet angel! I don't know that I could handle this myself half as well as she is!

As if my life here at the hospital is not complicated enough, Tucker is sick as well and has an appointment for me to take him into the doctor in the morning. I think he has the same thing Hallie has, although he is going on about 8 days with it. I need to get him healthy in order to bring Hallie home and keep her healthy.

Also, my grandpa, who has been sick since Thanksgiving, is dying. I am on my way to tell him good bye and ask him to watch over my little girl once he gets to the other side. The two of them have such a strong connection! When one is in the hospital, the other shortly follows. When he got a staff infection, so did she. When she got pneumonia, so did he. It has been very eery to see how they mirror each other. Hopefully, once he passes on, he will be able to be close to her on the other side of the veil and help her through this!

Derrick gets here tomorrow and I am counting down the seconds! It has been almost a month since we have seen him and we need him with us now! Who ever would have guessed where our lives would take us when we left Reno a month ago! I would never have imagined such heartache and suffering! But I know the Lord will sustain me through my family and friends, much as He has done in the past. I am not sure if each of you will ever know how you are an answer to my prayers, the way you support me. I came out and checked my email last night while Hallie was sleeping. I had 42 messages, lifting me up and giving me the strength to keep going. Thank you all and I will continue to keep you posted!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, I cannot imagine the grief you must be feeling right now. I never imagined when you left here that you would be traveling down such a long road. I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa and I am also praying for you that the kids get better soon. I am so glad that Hallie's surgery went well but I had no idea that she still had her cough. I am so blessed that you guys are our friends and I hope that you know if there is anything at all that we can do to help you or to comfort you we are here. Give the kids hugs for us. We hope to see you all soon as long as we are all healthy.