Monday, March 23, 2009

Hallie is in Recovery

Hallie went into surgery about 9 o'clock this morning, and is now in recovery doing well; it took about 3 hours. The doctors said they are pleased with the surgery and that there were no major complications and very minimal blood loss! They did have to remove about 7 inches between her small and large intestines, where it was dialated.


At this time they will not be placing her in ICU, she will be getting her very own private room. The doctors did place an epidural in her to help manage her pain better so she will not have to be on any heavy narcotics. They do not want her to have the narcotics going through her intestines!


The doctors are hopefull she will be ready to start on solid food by weeks end. I will post more updates as soon as I can.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

CUTRER said...

I am so glad to hear the great news about Hallie. What a angle she has to be to put up with all this in and out of Hospitals. I hope your family is all doing well and we pray for you all. Keep feeding us updates on her progress.

Darin and Janelle said...

I am so glad everything went well. I hope the recovery continues to go well. We are still praying for all of you!

Jenn said...

I'm so happy to hear that Hallie seems to be doing well. Ben fasted for her yesterday and we have been keeping her in all of our prayers. I can't imagine how hard this is for you, I hope things keep looking up for her and the rest of you. We love you!!!

Shannon said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. Best of wishes to Hallie and to you.