Derrick went to Las Vegas for work for 10 days. He got back Wednesday night and was finally able to take some time off to be with us this weekend. My kids are in heaven! It's Daddy this and Daddy that-- poor Daddy! I think there are times that he would like to go back! We haven't done anything big, but are definitely enjoying being together as a family.
While he was gone, Tucker has changed so much! I had to move the settings up higher on his jumperoo and his excersaucer. He rolls EVERYWHERE! My other kids were not rollers like this. Tucker gets himself anywhere he puts his mind to. He even is learning how to scoot. He gets his knees up under himself and will push off. When we picked Derrick up at the airport, Tucker's cheek was bright red from all of the face plants he's had! He is not supposed to be mobile at 5 months!
Hallie is continuing to have problems with her intestines. I'm not sure what is wrong, but I don't like the way things are going. We have put her on a laxative to prevent blockages and I am taking her to Salt Lake to see her doctors there. She is going to see her GI doctor on the 3rd and her surgeon on the 12th. Her surgeon is of course going to be at trauma conventions when we first get there, so we will have to be in Salt Lake at least two weeks to see him. They could have gotten her in earlier, but Carson is in school and I didn't want him to miss anymore than he already has. He has the whole month of March off, so if we end up extending our trip, he won't have to miss school. We are hoping it is something minor, like scar tissue causing a hold up, but we will see when we get in to see the doctors what is really going on. And in the mean time, she is not letting this slow her down. She is still in to everything! The other day she told me her belly wasn't feeling "berry" well so she took some medicine. I asked her what medicine she took and she told me the bubble gum kind. I ran upstairs and sure enough, she had the bubble gum Tylenol bottle, with the cap off, empty. I guess Derrick had given some to Carson the night before and hadn't put it away, thinking it was all right because she can't open child proof caps-- how wrong was he! She took 8-9 tablets. I called poison control and they told me she could have taken at least double that before having any adverse reactions. She was sure a happy little girl for the rest of the afternoon! Derrick is having to adjust to how big of a handful she is. He leaves things on our bar, thinking she can't get to it and 5 minutes later out she wanders with it. It's been a real eye opener for him.
Carson hit the 100th day of school the other day. They had a big day at school, doing a lot of 100 things to celebrate. It is hard to believe that they have already started sending home paperwork about registering your child for next year. I am going to have a second grader-- crazy! He has settled in to school and has found a group of boys that play football at recess, so we don't have nearly as many problems as we did at the beginning of the year. He is reading extremely well and does really well at spelling. His mid year report card came home saying that he did great at all academic areas, but needed to work on too much socializing and his handwriting. That's not to say that we still don't have problems, like a few weeks ago, he got a detention, hid the note from his teacher under his bed and ripped up the detention slip and hid it under our bed. He's got to keep life interesting, doesn't he?
I am very happy to have Derrick back. He is still working a lot, but at least he comes home at night. And at least we have a job. I am going to start tutoring math again and I am actually looking forward to it. I realized that I enjoyed tutoring math while I was in Utah and am excited to have that opportunity again. We are looking forward to our trip to Salt Lake. Even though Derrick won't be able to come and it won't be all fun and games, we will get to be there for my nephew's baby blessing and we get to go through the Draper Temple open house. And we will get to see my grandpa again. I look so forward to every opportunity that we have to see him and my grandma! Grandpa is still in the hospital, but is continuing to progress, even though it is slow going. We are very proud of him for the progress he is making and can't wait to see him again!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Home again!
Posted by Necia at 5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow it seems like you have had your hands full. I'm sorry that you have to drive alone but we can't wait to see you guys again. We will also keep Hallie in our prayers. Love ya!
We are thinking about flying-- I don't want to drive both ways by myself! If we go Southwest and then have to prolong our trip due to Miss Hallie, they allow you to change once on line for free. We shall see- I'm still debating and waiting to see if Derrick is going to be able to drive out with us for the blessing and then fly back that night. We can't wait to see you guys!
Hi Necia!!! I just saw that you follow my blog, how long have you been visiting it and how did you find it??!!! I'm glad you did. I've been wondering where you guys ended up. We're in Washington and doing really good. Your family is very cute. It'll be fun to keep in contact through blogging - I love blogs!
Rhonda
Post a Comment