Tuesday, January 20, 2009

At it again....


Hallie woke up at 5:10 this morning. We brought her into bed with us in hopes she would go back to sleep (no such luck) so when Derrick's alarm went off at 5:45, her took her downstairs with him and graciously allowed me to sleep, since I had been up with Tucker throughout the night. I think next time I'll just get up with her. Derrick left her in front of the tv when he left for work, with a piece of bread. About 15 minutes later, I started smelling something really sweet, so I got up to check on her and this is what I found. She had gotten into the cupboard (had to climb up on a bar stool to get into it), found some Kool-Aid, opened about 20 packets and dumped them on the floor. Then as if that wasn't enough, she dumped out the rest of the trail mix and poured water all over it. My poor carpet! It now has m&m stains that I am still trying to get out. At least she didn't poor the water on the Kool-Aid!
On a positive note, her intestines seem to be working much better. Come to find out, she was officially diagnosed with an ileus, which basically means the intestines just stop working. Normally it happens after anesthesia, when they don't work for a little while until it wears off. They think hers was caused by some sort of virus. But things seem to be working better and she gets to start back on a regular diet today. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, it sounds like she keeps your hands full! I'm glad she's feeling better though.