Friday, November 21, 2008

Poor Hallie!

We were at the church tonight for a primary activity and as everyone was leaving, Hallie some how got her finger slammed in the door. It was pretty ugly looking and the pinky finger was definitely not straight anymore. We had to take her to the urgent care and do x-rays. Her finger was dislocated, but luckily popped back in on its own.

For Hallie, this is fairly minor stuff, but I was extremely proud of her anyways. The only time she cried in the whole doctors visit is when they put the pulse oximeter on her finger (a fear left over from her time in the hospital-- she got burned by one once when it got left on for too long). She didn't even cry when they did x-rays. She loved the cooker things (aprons) that she and I had to wear and wants to make one for Daddy for Christmas. He'll look good in a floral apron, don't you think? They kept giving her stickers ( we ended up with 20 or so) and she would take a walk out to the waiting room to share them with Carson. It was so cute!

She and I were sitting in the exam room (Derrick was a chicken and opted to stay in the waiting room with the boys) and she asked if we could play I Spy. This is not very challenging with her because the first thing you name, even if it's not what she was thinking of is the answer. And she always does the I Spy part while you get to guess what it is. Then she looked at me and asked me if I was thinking what she was thinking. This is a new game for her. I asked her what she was thinking and she told me that she thought the room was dancing. The other night was she thought the house was dancing like a penguin. It was such a crack up. Here she is in so much pain that if you even touched her finger, let alone moved it, she would cry out in pain, yet she's playing games, talking to the nurses and doctors, and having a great time. And the whole time I am thinking how much she has gone through in her short little life, how amazing she is, and how incredibly blessed I am to have her still with me, despite the nice mural she colored on my wall for me today!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh poor Hallie-bug! Sounds terrible, but she handled it like a pro. Just what you always wanted - a 3 year old who's a pro at all things medical! Looking forward to seeing you guys . ;)
Tif