Hallie was on a roll again today. She climbed on my dresser while I was feeding Tucker. She stole my wedding ring and a ring my grandma had given me. She hid them. I spent 4 hours searching for them-- in tears. She told me they were in her closet-- on the top shelf. Like she could even reach there. Then she told me they were on top of her 4 foot tall dresser. Right. Then they were in the snowman forest. I don't even know where she came up with that one. Then they were in my closet on the top shelf. Then she dumped the drawer in the bathroom with all of her elastics and hair clips in it. I had to search through all of that to make sure they weren't hidden amongst it.
She kept asking me if I was sad. I told her yes, that she shouldn't touch mommy's special rings. Then she would ask me if I was happy. I seriously wanted to strangle her after the wild goose chase she sent me on. Finally, she told me that she wanted "milky". I told her she couldn't have any until we found my rings (if you know Hallie, this is very tragic for her). She stomped out of my room, throwing a temper tantrum and slammed the door. I just happened to glance over and see something gold in the corner behind the door. Both rings were right there. I gve Hallie a big hug and told her I was so happy to get my rings back. She looked at me and said, " You're so lucky that I found your rings Mom!" I just wanted to say right back to her, "You are so lucky I didn't strangle you before we found my rings!"
On top of all that, Carson came home from school with a girl's phone number. She wants him to call her. She's not one of his normal friends, so I asked him why she wanted him to call. She evidently wants him to go with her to her little brother's birthday party. Since when do you have to start worrying about this in 1st grade?
Kids--what am I going to do with them?
Friday, October 3, 2008
You're so lucky
Posted by Necia at 6:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, heart attack. I would have died. If it makes you feel any better, my three year old drew two HUGE black ink lines down the cushion of my beautiful white couch. They will never come out- though I really tried. We all knew Hallie was feisty though right, I mean look at all she was able to overcome? I guess it's a blessing and a curse!
I have to keep reminding myself right now how "blessed" I am to have her! I knew when she was going through everything, that I was going to pay for her feistiness later on-- and now I am. I can't wait to see what she's like as a teenager!
Post a Comment