Tucker went in for his 2 month check up today. I can't believe he is already 2 months old! He weighed in at 11 lbs 9 oz which is in the 50th percentile for his age. He is 23 inches long (50%) and his head is 39 cm (25%).
He has all of a sudden hit a fun stage of being awake a lot more during the day. He smiles a lot and loves to play on his little play mat. I've put him in the Bumbo seat a few times and he just sits there and smiles, like he is so proud of himself. It is so much fun! I love each new stage of development.
It seems like he is growing up so fast! A lot of it is probably because I am so used to Hallie, who took FOREVER to grow and we had to do so much therapy with to get her to do the things that Tucker does so naturally. So this is what a normal baby is like! I'm terrible. I have so many hangovers from our ordeal with Hallie. Poor Tucker! I weigh him almost daily. I know he's growing and doing well, but it is just such a habit from Hallie. And I'm amazed to see him gaining ounces a day when Hallie didn't even gain ounces a week or sometimes even a month. I am finally getting comfortable with nursing. Not that we've had any problems with him, just that I am so used to watching to the cc how much Hallie took in. Even Carson I had to watch how much he took in. Nursing is not really conducive to knowing how much they are taking in. It's really been a struggle for me to let go and be comfortable that he is getting enough.
Hallie is liking Tucker more and more. She has always loved him, but I think she is feeling more comfortable with her position in our family. It also helps that Tucker is fun to play with now. She took his sock of yesterday and played "This Little Piggy" with him. It was so cute! She still has a tendency to treat him like one of her baby dolls, which scares me to death, but she is getting to be a lot softer with him. That is making my life much easier!




0 comments:
Post a Comment