Carson had surgery today to fix your nose. I have to say that I was so proud of him! He does not do well with pain. Our family jokes that it is a good thing that it is Hallie that has the health problems because Carson would not do well with it. We'll just say he is a tad bit dramatic.
So going into this, I was more than a little worried. He's done fairly well with the pain since he broke it, but one never knows what will happen once you get to the hospital.
Carson, on the other hand, was so excited. He could hardly wait to get there. He has loved the extra attention and I think he has appreciated getting a deeper insight into his sister's life.
And Hallie was more than excited to get to go to a friend's house to play and not be the one going to the hospital. She came into my room at 1:00 this morning, after unhooking herself from her pump. She wanted to know if it was time to go yet. I sent her back to her bed and 30 minutes later, I found her wandering around the house. When I woke Carson up at 4:30, Hallie was up and out of bed in the other room before he was.
We got to the hospital and had to wait for awhile due to a scheduling mistake (surprise). Carson was so good and entertained himself. We have spent a lot of time preparing him and talking about what to expect. He was thrilled to put on the hospital gown and to have his vitals taken. He knew there was a point where I couldn't go back with him, but he was totally fine with it.
20 minutes later, he was done. The dr. said the septum snapped right back into place. He gets to wear a splint for 2 weeks, which he is not thrilled about. He wished that he actually got a room with a door like Hallie gets when she stays in the hospital and was actually disappointed that he didn't have to stay overnight. But he did get to ride in a wheelchair on the way out, which almost made up for it.
In all, I was so proud of him. He did so well-- he didn't whine or cry and hasn't complained at all. In fact, of the 20 surgeries my kids have had, this was by far the easiest. Great job Carson!


-



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




0 comments:
Post a Comment