Derrick had to go to New Orleans for work the first part of October. He was gone for almost 2 weeks. I was really struggling at the time, and wondered how in the world I would be able to manage 3 kids on my own, when one of them is Hallie. She counts for about 10. Just before he left, Derrick told me he had gotten an email about a special airfare to Salt Lake and wanted to know if I wanted to take the kids there for the weekend to break up his being gone. That was extremely realistic, financially or logistically. We have pretty much decided that we will not be traveling unless it is medically benificial to Hallie. I was kind of bummed until I got this idea that my sister had the day off of school, so maybe she could come out. It took a day to figure out the details, but Cassity was able to come for a few days and spend time with us. We had a great time and it really helped me out. It broke Derrick's trip up so that I only had a few days before and after her visit. Most of all it was great to just spend one on one time with her. Where she was born 14 years after me, she and I haven't had a lot of time to develop a relationship on an adult level. I loved getting to talk to her after my kids went to bed and to hear all about her life and for her to listen to me about my life. I knew that having a sister was going to be great one day! I've loved having a baby sister, but I am really enjoying getting to know her on an adult level. Thanks for coming out Cass!




0 comments:
Post a Comment