So today has been full of great news from beginning to end! We received an email from Make a Wish this morning saying that Hallie has been approved for a wish, contingent upon her doctor signing the authorization form. We are so excited! She tells me she wants to go to Disney. She doesn't really care which one, but from what I have been told, Make a Wish has a complex at Disney World where we will be given a suite, they will stock our refrigerator, the characters she wants to meet will come there to see her. If we want to go to the beach, they will get us a car, put gas in it and pack us a picnic lunch. They are also well equipped to deal with all of the medical needs of their guests, which is extremely nice! I just got an email from her doctor saying that she had signed the form and we are good to go. Make a Wish will send out a couple of volunteers next week to talk to Hallie and start making plans. We are extremely excited! Now I just need to keep Carson from convincing her that her wish should be for a Nintendo DS!
My mother-in-law called today as well and told me that she has been working with a security guard from her work that also happens to be a security guard for the Cincinnati Bengals. They have been trying to get the team to donate some memorabilia that we can auction off to pay for some of Hallie's bills. Last night, he saw the clip of Hallie on the news and it really touched his heart. When he heard that we were coming out there to see the doctors, he got really excited. He is going to give us 10 tickets to the game for sure. Then he is concerned about Hallie being out in the cold and being exposed to everyone's germs, so he is going to try and get a box suite for us to use. If that doesn't work, he said he can always put us in the broadcast booth. Can you just picture it now-- "Ladies and Gentlemen (Carson I hate you! Hallie quit poking me!) What an experience that would be! He is also going to try and get us all access passes so that we can go on the field and meet the team after the game.
I can't tell who is more excited about what. Hallie is thrilled about Disney. It is all she has talked about all day long. Derrick is excited about the Bengals and is hoping all of it comes through. Carson is thrilled about all of it, but it's not fair that Hallie gets her wish and he doesn't get his. I've tried to explain to him that he benefits from it too, but he is getting stuck on the fact that he doesn't get his wish. What a child! I am just so excited that my family is excited. It is so nice to have gotten so much good news. I had been watching Grey's Anatomy today and it had a kid on there that had short gut syndrome, same as Hallie. Watching them portray his problems and the treatments for it, hit really close to home. Biggest difference was that his family had $25 million dollars to donate to the hospital and we so do not! Anyways, it was just really nice to get good news for a change and such excited news at that!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Red Letter Day!
Posted by Necia at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I just got caught up on your latest posts! I am so excited for you guys to get to do something fun for once! I am also praying that you can get the help you need from Stanford and Cinci! Good luck Necia. Love you!
How you doin Nec? Been thinking about you and Hallie. Hope you're doing okay. Happy Thanksgving this week!
FINALLY some good news! Hallie is lucky to have parents like you and Derrick!
Post a Comment