We are really trying to have more quality one on one time with the kids. I typically spend a lot of time with Hallie, which means that she becomes very dependent on me to do things for her. She doesn't want her daddy doing them, which makes it difficult for me to do things with the boys. Derrick is great at spending one on one time with Carson, but I rarely get to spend time with him that is not asking him to clean his room, do his homework, etc. So, we decided to start date nights with the child we spend the least amount of time with.
Carson was really helpful last night, so I wanted to reward him tonight. We didn't have a lot of time, but we made it work. I let him choose hot chocolate or ice cream. He chose hot chocolate, so we went to Starbuck's and had hot chocolate and doughnuts. It was so nice to spend time talking to him. We talked about school, friends, what's going on with Hallie. I don't want to scare him, but I need for him to understand why there are times that we drop everything and run. There are times when I have to miss things of his, not because I want to, but because I have to in order to keep Hallie alive. It turned out to be a really good night and I am so glad that we did it. I feel closer to him than I have in a long time and I feel like he has a better understanding about why mom is so stressed all of the time. Hopefully, it will be a good thing all of the way around.
Next week is Derrick and Hallie's turn....
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Date Night
Posted by Necia at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment