Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tucker's 9 mo pics

So I know that Tucker just turned 10 months yesterday, but I just got his 9 mo pictures scanned in, so I wanted to post them.....







It is incredible to me how different Tucker is from my other 2 kids. He is so easy going and happy. So many people have told me that they can't believe how much he smiles. But it is more than that. Carson and Hallie HATE loud noises. They climb on the couch or beds whenever I vacuum. Tucker, on the other hand follows me around when I vacuum, trying to touch the light on the vacuum cleaner. Carson liked baths, but Hallie hated them. They both hate water in their eyes or face. Tucker LOVES the water. He showers with me all of the time and sticks his face right in the water. You could put him on the floor of the shower and just let him sit in the water and he loves it. Carson always wanted to be entertained. If I left him to play by himself and it was quiet for more than a few minutes, I knew he was getting into trouble. Hallie never really learned to play by herself because of being in and out of the hospital. Tucker crawls into the playroom or one of the kids' rooms and he will play all by himself for the longest time.
Tucker is crawling everywhere and learned how to crawl up the stairs about a month ago. He is very proud of his accomplishment. He crawls up there and sits at the top of the stairs, like look at me. He loves that he can now get into the kids' rooms up there without me taking him upstairs. He is starting to climb on everything. He climbed on Hallie's little pink chair the other day like it was no big deal. I was putting dishes away and turned around to find Tucker on top of the dishwasher door.
Derrick calls T Emeril because he LOVES anything to do with cooking. He will stand in front of Hallie's play kitchen and just play and play. The other day he played with a ladle for half an hour, totally happy. I pull down the container of fake food and he is in heaven.
Tucker LOVES dirt. I can't keep him out of my plant. Derrick says it's like his oreos. He gets it all over his face and when you tell him no, he giggles. And his laugh is hysterical these days. Half the time it is this evil, villainous laugh and the other half it is this high pitch giggle. You can't help but laugh when he does. And he laughs at everything.
And as for food, well that is T's favorite thing. I have yet to find anything that he does not like. He has just gotten his 3rd tooth (he is working on cutting 3 others), but that does not slow him down in the least bit. If his brother and sister eat it, he is sure he must have it. It is so nice to have a child that eats whatever you put in front of him.
We have had to stop sitting towards the front in church because while Tucker is very entertaining to the people behind us, he is also very distracting. He makes friends very easily. Some people call him the ward baby because of the time that he has spent with people in the ward while Hallie has been sick.
As for his looks, it is liking having twins 6 years apart. It is very eery how much alike Carson and Tucker look. I showed a friend a picture of Carson when he was a baby and she said she liked the picture of Tucker. Take a look for yourself how much the look alike....




I knew from Tucker's 3D ultrasounds, that they had very similar characteristics, but it seems the older T gets, the more he looks like Carson. It's a good thing they are cute!
What a joy Tucker is in our lives. We are so grateful to have him in our family and for the joy that he brings to us!



3 comments:

Tolman Tribe said...

He is so cute and like you said always smiling! Great pictures!

Angela said...

ummm, i think we have the SAME CHILD. besides both having the same name, a lot of the stuff you're saying Tucker does at home is exactly what my Tucker does, also! the dishwasher, the sitting at the top of the stairs, the following you around while you vacuumm, etc. and yes, that picture of Carson when he was little really looks like Tucker does now!

Jana said...

It is crazy how fast they grow! He is so darling! Hope all is well with you and your Hallie!