So Tucker is learning a lot of new tricks, ones that I am not necessarily happy about. He LOVES to climb. I have found him recently on our couches, our end tables, shimmying up the end of his crib (his arms were hanging over the end and his little feet were wrapped around one of the bars,climbing up-- how much longer am I going to be able to keep him in a crib?). He learned to climb the stairs months ago. He uses anything he can find to stand on and give him a boost up.
The last week or so, I noticed that when he was on furniture, he would turn around and start to get down safely-- yeah! Yesterday I found him climbing down the stairs on our front porch-- he would go down one, then back up, but didn't dare go down both steps. I had him in the playroom while I was doing some deep cleaning when Carson came in to tell me that Derrick wanted me in the garage. Tucker was completely occupied, so I left him and walked out to the garage. At that moment, the ice cream guy drove by and thanks to Aunt Sis, my kids have money for ice cream. So, I walked across the street to help them get some. As I was heading back across, I saw Tucker figuring out how to get down the second stair in the garage. I guess the door must not have shut all of the way when I came out. Anyways, he made his way into the garage, found a water bottle, opened it and started drinking from it. The kid is only 10 months old! I shouldn't have to be worrying about him escaping from the house yet!
Later last night, Derrick called me upstairs to show me Tucker's newest trick. He can get off of beds now. He throws his little leg over the edge, scoots off, holds on until he can't go down any further and then drops the rest of the way. Great. I am a nervous wreck with him anymore. He has NO fear! I don't leave him on beds normally for him to discover how to do this, but Derrick thinks it is great and will throw the remote off of the edge and watch him go and get it. Grrrrr!
And for his latest trick, he has learned how to go down our entire staircase. This morning he was climbing down 2-3 stairs and then crawling back up to the top. He did this about 5 times then I went to go get Carson some toast. I found Tucker just getting off of the bottom step. He is so proud of himself! At least with this one, I don't have to worry so much about him falling!
What a child! He is so close to walking, but has more interest in climbing and other things. I guess I should be grateful that he isn't walking yet, but how I wish he wasn't learning some of these other fun tricks!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I think he should be in the circus....
Posted by Necia at 12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment