Carson got an early Christmas present. I noticed a few weeks ago that his bottom two permanent teeth were coming in behind is baby ones and they weren't loosening up very much. We went in for a dentist appointment and he looked at the teeth and told us he thought that Carson would be able to get them out himself and had him start wiggling them from side to side. He told us that if they weren't out when we got back from Salt Lake, that he would pull them. We left for Salt Lake the next day and Carson kept wiggling and wiggling the hole drive. We got there Friday night and Sunday morning, while Derrick and I were still in bed, Carson comes running downstairs yelling, "Mom, Dad-- Look!" I look up and there is blood streaming down his mouth. He was so excited! My dad had told Carson to let him wiggle it and out it came. Pop has had great practice-- they had to hold me down to pull most of my teeth-- I HATE the taste of blood.
So Carson was so excited and could hardly stand it all morning. Just before church, I was doing Hallie's hair and Carson was standing in the hall watching. My dad came by again and asked Carson to let him look at the other tooth. Within about 10 seconds, the other tooth came flying out. He is so thrilled to finally have lost teeth. Carson is the baby of his grade, so everyone else has started losing teeth long ago. It doesn't help that he didn't get his first tooth until he was 1, so he is naturally going to be slower losing them. Now he gets to start the 2nd grade, down 2 teeth, although the permanent ones are almost all the way in now!




1 comments:
Congrats, Carson! This is big news.
Post a Comment